- Maintained the lowest tax rate in Somerset County by advocating for line-item budget review, cost reductions and improved efficiencies. This work has resulted in only a 0.64% year-over-year increase in taxes in 2020, far below the rate of inflation and in keeping with Bedminster's proud tradition of low taxes.
- Partnered with JCP&L and formed a citizens working group to address and reduce persistent power outages throughout the Hills and Bedminster Township.
- Created and manned the Bedminster Pop-Up Food Pantry, which for 10 weeks provided food and other necessities to over 650 families.
- Championed the fight against New Jersey American Water's proposed 2020 rate increase, which would impact the average family by approximately $100 per year. Bedminster has led the way in hiring legal and economic experts, and has partnered with surrounding towns to share the expense. We are fighting for NO increase in your monthly bill!
- Increased transparency and improved communications by introducing a redesigned web platform and interface for the township website, www.bedminster.us.
- Introduced an online payment system for local property taxes, providing a convenient option for all residents.
- Reduced costs by partnering with the NJ Clean Energy Direct Install program to install highly efficient LED lighting throughout the municipal complex, resulting in substantial savings.
- Addressed residents concerns over engine braking by having temporary signage installed on Route 206.
- Promoted increased communications with residents through Facebook, NextDoor, Nixle and other social media platforms.
- Introduced the Bedminster Recreation Survey to better understand how and where we can improve our recreational facilities. Haven't seen it yet? No worries, you're about to!
- Shepherded the environmental initiative to make improvements along the Lamington River in partnership with local groups and outside contractors, resulting in the ecological restoration of over 10,700 feet of the Lamington River.
- Editor-in-Chief of the Resident Resource Guide to provide residents access to key information and programs during the pandemic.
- Co-authored the 2018 Bedminster Master Plan Review Committee Report, providing a 10-year refresh as input into the Bedminster Master Plan Reexamination.
- Member of the Bedminster Planning Board, Farmers Market Committee, Agricultural Advisory Committee and Clarence Dillon Public Library Board of Trustees. Principal Township Committee liaison to Recreation Committee, Board of Health, Board of Education, Technology Committee, Public Utilities and Community Development Block Grant Program. Former Chairman, Bedminster Environmental Commission.
- And yes, I'm the guy running around every Saturday morning trying to direct traffic and park cars at the Farmers Market. If you've read down this far, you have my sincerest appreciation and gratitude!
Paid for By Colin Hickey 2020,
Jim Christie, Treasurer