Election 2023 - When, Where & How to Vote
This year's general election is on Tuesday, November 7th.
- Vote by Mail (VBM) is an easy and efficient way to cast your vote if you are unable to vote at your polling location. Those individuals who have not previously applied for a mail-in ballot can do so here. Voters who have previously chosen to permanently Vote by Mail will automatically receive their ballots in mid-September.
- Bedminster voters can deposit their mail-in ballots at the secure drop box located at the Bedminster Municipal Building on One Miller Lane, or at any secure drop box located throughout Somerset County. The ballot box opens on September 22 at 8 AM and is available 24/7 until 8 PM on Tuesday, November 7, at which time the box will be closed. For a complete list of all ballot boxes in Somerset County, please click here.
- All voters wishing to vote in person (and who have not registered as permanent VBM voters) have the choice of early voting from October 28 through November 5 at the following locations, or on Election Day at their designated polling location. Bedminster voters are assigned to one of three polling locations based on their voting district, as follows:
- Districts 1, 4, 5, 6 - Bedminster Municipal Building, 1 Miller Lane
- Districts 2, 3 - Lamington Presbyterian Church (Community Room), 355 Lamington Road
- Districts 7, 8, 9 - Hills Village North Recreation Center, 25 Artillery Park Road
Your sample ballot will indicate your voting district and polling location.
- Voters who are registered as permanent VBM voters will be required to vote provisionally if they appear at a polling location, or may hand their sealed mail-in ballot to any poll worker.
- If you are a permanent VBM voter and did not receive or have misplaced your ballot, you can request a replacement by going here.
- To register to vote, click here.
- All individuals with disabilities will have access to an ADA-conforming voting machine.
- If you would like to check on the status of your ballot, confirm your registration status or verify your district and polling place, you can do so here. You will need to create a login and password if you are using the website for the first time, and then login.
As always, make sure your voice is heard! As Abraham Lincoln once said, "Elections belong to the people. It's their decision."